You latest edition of SPIDERDAY! (sorry, folks, it’s been a busy week, so I just don’t have as many links as usual)
- My Read of the Week is this story: a spider that looks and smells like bird droppings.
- A “poison cave” in Romania hosts some incredible animals, including some Arachnids.
- did you know this…? The rather famous peacock spiders were originally called “gliding spiders”, with a thought that they used their flaps as wings.
- Jumping spider personalities change after exposure to pesticides (yeah, I know, tooting my own horn here!)
- Love these fangs! A “mysterious” funnel-web spider in Australia found with blood-red fangs.
- For the taxonomically inclined… a new species of Dysderidae from Turkey.
- Now *this* is a handsome spider: